Friday, January 16, 2009

India pictures!

So I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, thinking of all the amazing things that have happened in the last week or two and wondering how I was ever going to get my blog caught up.... There are so many things I'd like to tell you! But internet access during my eight days at the ashram was really limited and then I had a few busy days back in Aranmula, taking care of stuff (like shipping a package and finishing the essays I wrote back in September for my grad school app).

But then, something great happened! (The last two weeks or so, since New Year's Eve, have been so synchronous... it's great.) My friend Martin took the time to wade through about 108 thousand pictures, pick some good ones, compress them, write comments, and post them on his blog.... it's a good summary of my time at the cultural centre and since I actually took many of the pictures, Martin said I could post the links here! Look closely: you might just see the village elephant or me wearing a sari for the first time or me in disguise as Hanuman.....

Here and more here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! Actually everything is quite close to how I pictured it! Except ... Hanuman does not look like you! Tell Martin, thanks for sharing.

:-) mom