Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wacky Water

I hate to admit how much bottled water I've been drinking lately (oh, the wastefulness and, if it's anything like the US, bottled water restrictions aren't anything special anyway), but making the best of the situation, here's a list of my favorite brands from the last few weeks:

Safe (are they trying to tell us something?)
Yes
ChampYen
Can... i
Golden Valley (the slogan "From God's Own Country" refers to Kerala's own state slogan)
Indiana (slogan: Be Indian... Buy Indiana!)
Welcome
Ganpati
Amritam (slogan: Pure for Sure, I believe "amrita" means nectar)
Bailley's (I don't know why, but I trust this brand. Might be the professional looking label and bottle.)
Flagon
Vinayak
Kwality Kwencher
Shree (I swear the first time I had this the slogan was "Your Choice", but the bottle I had yesterday said "My Choice"... knockoff? two brands? my imagination?)
Bisleri (by far most popular brand in Mumbai, one of our favs as they have a 5L bottle that can be returned for a refund and-better yet- to be reused!)
Oxyrich (contains 300% more oxygen or something. now if only I had gills)
Aquafina (hey! a familiar name! and it tastes just as bad as Aquafina in the US)
Kingfisher (not just a beer company)
Foster's (ditto)
Aqua G
Intimate (what???)
Panihari (pani = Hindi for water, Hari = name of Vishnu/Krishna)
Holy-Aqua (this is still the best! see Martin's pictures for a photo)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bailey's is also one of my favorite "bottled waters."

Bri said...

Hehe... that one's missing an L ;)

Unknown said...

God, I don't know anything about alcohol anymore.

Anonymous said...

March 10th , Happy half Brithday Bri and thanks for the birthday congratulations card from India.