Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bugs, Big Bugs

It's hard to believe that the school year ended just a week ago. I'm typing from this from Cambridge, MA, in my college roommate's apartment. For the next few days we'll be attending our 5th College Reunion. For the past few days, I've been camping and hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We were near, but not on, the Appalachian Trail, which, as my mom pointed out, was the site of my first backpacking trip the week before I started college.

A note about leaving comments: I left the settings as open as possible, so if you want to leave a comment you do not have to register for a blogspot or google account. That means it is possible to leave anonymous comments, but I'd love to know who is visiting and reading. If your comment will be anonymous, please at least sign your name! And as I've told a few of you, the more comments you leave, the more excited I'll be and the more posts I'll write. (It's like checking the mail and having a letter from a friend!)

And before I go (it's almost time for dinner in Harvard Square), here is today's challenge: guess the weight of my pack (pictured below, it's the purple one), in pounds, for the White Mountain backpacking adventure.

See you soon!

8 comments:

Bri said...

I'm also still working on formatting the site. Please bear with me on the run-together-paragraphs until I get home! Thanks

Lori said...

Hi Bri! I've bookmarked your site and check it about once a week! Keep it up! I love reading it!

Anonymous said...

hey Ms.Ewert whats up. Its Melissa. you better not of forgotten me!! youv've been travling a bunch i see. i already miss you. yesterday i was thinking whaere in the world could you be? and then i started to think you said youi would visit like Mr. Chamberlin if you only come once throught the whole year im going to be mad at you!!! well i hope you hade fun im going to play Skip-bo W/ my nanny/ babbysistter like person.
Miss ya,
melissa
p.s. e-mail me at melissalandry1996@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Ewert,
it is francesca.
i just wanted to say hi and say thank you for a good year in math!!i really did learn alot!!! have fun on your adventures and enjoy every minute of it because being able to travel is like a gift.. you get to learn and have fun.
well it is late and i ahve to go.

Thanks again,
Francesca

Bri said...

Melissa and Francesca, thanks for your comments! I have been traveling a lot, but don't worry: I haven't forgotten you. How could I? I keep thinking how much fun it would to have you all with me. I'm glad to hear you learned a lot this year. I expect you all to learn just as much next year! And yes, Melissa, I promise to stop by whenever I am in town. I'm still working on my itinerary, so I don't know exactly when that will be. I'll keep you posted. Or rather, I'll keep the blog posted, so be sure to check back!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Ewert
Its Devin
Hiking in the Apalachian Mountains sounds fun!
hope you are having a great time...
,
Devin

Anonymous said...

I guessing about 50lbs




=D

Bri said...

Devin! Thanks for the message(s). I am indeed having fun, and it was great to see you today. Are both of these "anonymous" postings from you? If they are, your math skills extend to realm of estimation... with food and water my pack weighed about 50 pounds. Not sure what I was carrying. I know I've carried less for longer trips. And if that post wasn't Devin, well done to the mystery poster!