Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I am jealous of myself

In all seriousness, the last two days have been so great, I think I am jealous of myself. I am borrowing my host's computer (he is watching the Italia-Monte Negro game), so this will be brief. I am staying in a 16th century farmhouse with a view of the sea. My host is an amazing chef. There are three other worker/visitors here (French, Costa Rican, and American). They are great fun. Today we chopped wood (it is so great, even chopping wood can't ruin things). Yesterday I learned to make fig preserves and Tiramisu. Tomorrow we are collecting chestnuts. I may never leave.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Bri. You better hold me back, somehow I think that I may on impulse by a ticket and join you!
Giulia

Lori said...

I think you have just titled your next book!

Mary Ann said...

I'm with Giulia - I am ready to buy a plane ticket. This Italian farm experience sounds amazing! Can't wait to hear more - everyone I talk to, is enjoying your blog.

From your mom

Anonymous said...

A Costa Rican! Cool! And chopping wood sounds fun to me (although I guess all day doing it could be tougher)!

Heather said...

Hmmm, picking olives at a Italian farm or writing letters of recommendation ... tough decision! When is the next flight?