Monday, October 13, 2008

Olives

I am leaving Rome today by train and headed down near Sorrento. I will be working on a farm during the olive harvest. We had a great time last night -- went out for dinner and then hung out on a friends terrace talking until fairly late. Everyone was enjoying their final night here. Wonderful friends to spend time with in Rome. My two remaining roommates left in the wee hours of the morning. They both said good bye in the middle of the night (I was pretty groggy) and when I woke up I was by myself.... now the solo travels begin. I have to catch my train soon, so this is rushed. I can already tell there will be 9million things I want to write about in my blog and I fear but a small number of them will actually ever get written..... Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bri! Floyd loves olives - the black, pitted kind of course! I am enjoying Fall foliage, apple cider and harvest festivals...we are all well and school is great - love the cross country running and being close to my family..glad to hear your travels of adventure are an A+++ - Love Ab

Unknown said...

Hi Bri,
have fun with your solo travels and keep us updated on your blog. I have so so much to say and would love to chat for a really long time about all that we've lived in these last few days. It may be a while before we get a chance for that!
A word to the wise. Remember that olives, not matter how yummy they may look on the tree are not edible until they have been cured. I dare you to bite into a raw olive :)
Giulia

Lori said...

I can't wait to hear all about your work experience. Have fun!