Saturday, November 15, 2008

A quick one

Still staying at the farm near Spoleto. Headed back to Rome on Monday. Flight to Mumbai (Bombay), India, on Wednesday. Yikes! Hard to believe. I haven't quite gotten my head around it yet-- I say "I am going to India this week" but it doesn't seem real.

Last night as part of dinner we had fresh pressed olive oil-- it had just come back from the mill! And I helped pick the olives! Much more about olives when I have some time.... Yesterday I hiked out to an abadoned village. Great story, worth telling when I have more time. Today walking around Spoleto I saw lots of Chickweed growing. Now that I can identify it, I wanted to pick it and eat it on the spot. I am spending lots of time walking around identifying everything edible thing I see (wild asparagus, berries, greens).

I am sad that my time on the Italian farms is almost over. My hands are callused from my new pick axing skills and I have all sorts of scrapes from blackberry brambles, but I will miss it. Ah well, on to the next adventure! More soon (but hey, it's only been a week since the last post. Good huh?)

Thanks for all the messages!

No comments: